PL Primary Stars Community Deliverer
Salary: Circa £19,000 (Pro rata 0.63 F.T.E./25 hours per week)
Watford FC’s Community Sports and Education Trust (registered charity no: 1102239) is seeking to recruit an enthusiastic, motivated and committed individual to this 25 hours per week, part time role. This position presents an exciting opportunity for a dynamic individual to join our team, based at Watford FC training ground, London Colney.
The PL Primary Stars Community Deliverer will be responsible for the delivery and implementation of the Trust’s PL Primary Stars practical and non-PE offers. This includes delivering PSHE, Maths and English content to targeted children, small groups of children and whole class delivery. Part of this role is to use existing resources and your own teaching knowledge to create our PSHE, Maths and English schemes of work. As part of the PL Primary Stars programme this role will also lead on our Social Action project targets.
The post holder will be expected to complete admin tasks related to PL Primary Stars quality assurance and reporting mechanisms as well as other Trust school programmes related admin. The post holder we also deliver practical and non-practical delivery across the wider range of the Trusts school sport programmes, including the Move & Learn programme, extra-curricular clubs, holiday courses and player development centres.
The ideal candidate will have:
- At least two years’ experience of working with children and young people of all abilities in a school environment.
- Coaching qualifications including a Level 1 in Coaching Football, First Aid and Safeguarding.
- Experience of delivering PSHE, Maths and English content within a primary school setting.
- GCSE grade A–C in Maths and English or Functional Skills Level 2 in Maths and English
- Experience of working with teachers in a primary school setting.
- Proficient IT skills including presentation skills.
- Good organisational and problem-solving skills.
- A full and valid UK Driving Licence, as well as access to a vehicle for work.
- A passion to make a difference through sport and education.
- Working towards achieving or has completed the Level 3 Certificate in Supporting the Delivery of Physical Education and School Sport award (AFPE)
- Knowledge of the PL Primary Stars programme
Applicants will need to have a flexible approach to work and be available during curriculum and extra curriculum time. In return, we will support and develop the successful candidate.
To request an application form and job description please contact Sophie Read on 01923 496352 or by e-mail at Sophie.Read@watfordfc.com Please apply by sending your application form and a covering letter outlining your suitability for the position, via e-mail to Sophie Read, or by post to Sophie Read, Trust Business Support Officer, Watford FC CSE Trust, Vicarage Road Stadium, Watford, Herts, WD18 0ER. Please note that only shortlisted applicants will be contacted.
Closing Date: Monday 2nd September, 9:00am Interview Date: Friday 6th September
Watford FC’s Community Sports & Education Trust is an equal opportunities employer and welcomes applications from all sections of the community. The necessary Disclosure and Barring Service check will apply to this post.
Full Job Description Here.