Membership Liaison Coordinator
18 September 2017
Reporting to: Head of External Relations, Pro-Action
Location: Sylvia Adams House, 24 The Common, Hatfield, Herts. AL10 0NB
Hours: min 25 hours to 30 hours per week
Salary: Pro-rata of FTE of £22,000 - £24,000 per annum, which is based on a 37.5 hours working week.
Holiday Entitlement: Pro rata based of FTE of 25 days plus public holidays per annum
Pro-Action is a small voluntary organisation with a wide reach. We work with volunteers and staff who deliver children and young people’s provision across the county of Hertfordshire. We have a long standing commitment to supporting projects across the county, by engaging them as members of Pro-Action and ensuring they offer a safe and quality service.
Currently, Pro-Action is at a time of change. We have a new strategic focus coupled with a new website launch in early autumn linked to our database. We are working to have all our member organisations using this database for booking events and recording all our engagement with them. Supporting members to use this, as well as developing the way we use the database is a key element for this role.
The MLC is a new role which underpins the engagement with our members and focuses on doing this utilising our database. There is a great variety in the tasks you will undertake, so no 2 days will be the same. We anticipate you will be well organised and have an adept ability at keeping multiple balls in the air, as we provide a range of services to a diverse range of clients, from members to young people and you will be paramount in ensuring these services operate smoothly at all times.
The Pro-Action team though small, is very supportive and our emphasis on children and young people’s (CYP) services keeps our work very fresh, innovative and focused on the positive outcomes for CYP. We work from a central office based in Hatfield. The team often work autonomously, therefore the MLC is an integral part, acting as a central point in the office, ensuring cohesive working for the rest of the team.
Pro-Action is a leading charity in supporting youthwork across the county, and your input will benefit hundreds of children and young people, accessing youth provision in Hertfordshire.
Standard hours will be between 25 – 30 hours per week (as agreed) – normal office hours are 9am-5pm, with a half hour lunch break. Hours will be agreed within this time frame. There will be occasional weekend and evening work (for attending marketing or training events), for which time of in lieu will be given.
Purpose of the role is to:
· To coordinate the responses to members and ensure that all approaches receive a response from the most appropriate person in the team.
· Provide a presence in the office and set standards for the way we manage the systems behind the work.
· Develop and maintain high quality administrative processes for the organisation that are easy to use for staff and client focused.
· Identify and grow opportunities for volunteers to support the admin functions. To recruit and manage volunteers to both maximise their contribution and the quality of the volunteering experience for them.
· Manage any Office Apprentices that are engaged (dependant on funding) and provide opportunities to develop their skills and themselves as people.