Pro-Action Awards 2018 - Nominate Now!
Jan 04, 2018
Pro-Action will be holding our Awards Evening on Thursday 28th June 2018, at Beales Hotel in Hatfield. Members are invited to recognise and reward their volunteers and staff by nominating them now for an award.
The Pro-Action Awards are all about appreciating and celebrating the incredible work done with children and young people in communities across Hertfordshire. Thousands of volunteer children and youth workers run clubs and groups every week. They spend hours talking and listening to children and young people, just hanging out. They don't just give their time, they give themselves.
We know how important it is to encourage each other and that's why these Awards exist. By highlighting just a few of those doing youth and children’s work, we hope we'll inspire and encourage us all.
The Awards are about giving profile to creative, innovative and passionate youth and children’s work. By nominating, you're helping us to spread the word about the very best that's going on in the Hertfordshire Community. Who knows, your nomination, and the story behind it, might inspire someone else to begin working with young people! The Awards are also about promoting great and passionate youth work, so although there will be winners in each category, we hope that their stories will inspire and encourage others!
Closing date for Nominations:
Nominations must be made by following this link and completing the short and simple survey monkey form, by Friday 27th April 2018.
Young Volunteer Award: Any young person aged 11 to 18 years who has worked to make a difference to their lives and their community. This is a wide open award so that those nominating can recognize the difference a young person has made through their organisation, group, in their community.
Volunteer of the Year: For a volunteer who's shown exceptional commitment to youth or children’s work, freely offering their time and energy to serve young people. They are passionate, skilled, reliable and servant-hearted. They are a hero of the youth/children’s work world and this Award celebrates all that they give to make youth work happen.
Volunteer Sports Leader: For a volunteer who's shown exceptional commitment to youth or children’s work in the area of sports.
Volunteer Long Service Award: For a volunteer who’s shown exceptional commitment to youth or children’s work for a great length of time.
Paid Worker (working with young people aged 11+): For a paid worker who's shown exceptional commitment to youth work.
Paid Worker (working with young people aged 5-11):For a paid worker who's shown exceptional commitment to children’s work.
1. Individual nominations are open to people working within Hertfordshire, over the age of 18 (except for the young volunteer award) and working within a member organisation of Pro-Action.
2. The decision of the Panel is final. No correspondence will be entered into regarding their decision.
3. Prizes are subject to availability and we reserve the right to withdraw or change them at any time. In the event of a prize being withdrawn we may replace it with an alternative.
4. If a winning nomination is found to have been untruthful or misleading, we reserve the right to disqualify the winner. In the event of this happening, the Panel may offer the Award to an alternative nominee.
5. Nominations must be made by Friday 27th April 2018.