We will encourage and assist any organisation we engage with that is working with children and young people in Hertfordshire to ensure:
- That each setting has at least 2 members of their team trained every 2 years in Level 2 Safeguarding, ensuring that knowledge is up to date and that a Designated Safeguarding Lead is always available
- That all their staff and volunteers:
- Achieve Level 1 Safeguarding as a minimum standard
- Are checked with an enhanced Disclosure & Barring Service (DBS)
- Are encouraged to sign up to the DBS.Gov.uk/Update system
- Know who/where to go to for any issues/questions/concerns around safeguarding
We achieve this by providing:
- High quality, accessible, affordable training that meets the HSCB requirements
- Ensuring that the information and advice is up to date & accurate.
- Enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) Checks for our members that are easily available
- Training to enable member groups to complete DBS applications for their staff/volunteers
- A choice of paper or online DBS facilities
Safeguarding encompasses Safer staffing and recruitment, Ongoing supervision, Disclosure & Barring services as well and Safeguarding training.