We will encourage and assist any organisation we engage with that is working with children and young people to ensure:
- That each setting has at least 2 members of the team trained to Level 2 Safeguarding, enabling them to operate as a safeguarding lead.
- That all their staff and volunteers:
- Achieve level 1 safeguarding as a minimum standard, by providing courses in various locations around the county.
- Are all checked with an enhanced Disclosure & Barring Service (DBS)
- Have a place to go to for any issues and questions around safeguarding and their work with children and young people.
We achieve this by providing:
- High quality training that meets the HSCB requirements
- Information to our members and advice on all aspects of safeguarding that is accurate and up to date
- Assistance to members to obtain Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) Checks for their staff and volunteers
- Training to enable member groups to complete their own DBS applications
- An Online DBS Checking system that members can opt into
Safeguarding covers a number of practices required to ensure the safety of children within any agency/provision who work with children and young people.