Herts Year of Physical Activity Champions!
May 01, 2018
Are you ready to help Hertfordshire become the most active county? Can you help to ensure the future of community sport and physical activity? Do you have what it takes to be a YOPA Champion?
2018 is the Hertfordshire ‘Year of Physical Activity’… or YOPA for short! As a result, our volunteering lead at the Herts Sports Partnership is looking to recruit 200 volunteer Champions to help support sport and physical activity across the county. You don’t have to be fit or sporty to help out – we want everybody to get involved! People love sport and physical activity, but without volunteers, some community clubs or voluntary groups could cease to exist. We want volunteering opportunities to be meaningful, varied and to make a difference to you as well as those taking part. Consequently, your volunteering will change lives for the better and will help to sustain a range of activities across the county.
We are running a series of FREE accredited workshops throughout Hertfordshire to help train our Champions and equip them with the skills necessary to volunteer in sport and physical activity. These 3 hour sessions will be run within each district from May onwards at a variety of times to cater for different audiences. After the training, we will connect you to flexible volunteering opportunities at community clubs, events, and within our own projects across the county. Whatever you enjoy, there is almost certainly a role out there somewhere – we’ll help you find it.
The YOPA Champions scheme will:
- Be straightforward, positive and convenient.
- Be a team of skilled and inspiring people, from all backgrounds, providing great experiences for everyone.
- Provide you with training on key skills including: behaviour management, organisation, communication skills, leadership, safeguarding, and first aid.
- Offer opportunities for further accreditation, training and qualifications.
- Improve your career opportunities and help you gain experience in areas you enjoy.
- Allow you to grow in confidence and meet amazing new people.
- Provide you with direct opportunities to see the impact of your work and give you as much flexibility and control as possible.
- Give you a voice and ensure you are recognised for your hard work – you are guaranteed a thank you.
- Earn you a free t shirt, paid expenses, and additional future incentives!
For full list of workshop dates and locations please visit here: https://sportinherts.org.uk/vo...
If you are aged 16 and over and want more information on how to get involved or book onto a workshop, contact Matt Hughes-Short on 01707 281204 or firstname.lastname@example.org